Eastbay Area Reciprocity Network is an East San Francisco Bay Area TimeBanking community affiliated with TimeBanks USA.
By creating a collaborative network we help our communities overcome the financial and emotional hardships brought on by the decline of social support networks, economic system shortcomings, and environmental degradation. Through enhanced community cohesiveness, we will support local efforts to create a future that is economically and environmentally sustainable.
- To facilitate giving and receiving of services that benefit others by fulfilling needs as well as honoring the value of each person’s contributions
- To re-energize caring communities, reweave neighborhoods, and foster friendships
- To build bridges of respect between diverse individuals that remove barriers to open communication and collaboration
- To provide teaching and learning opportunities that build competencies, foster creativity, and inspire action
- To amplify the efforts of other organizations striving to nurture community and create a sustainable future
Getting Started with our TimeBank:
- Create a login and fill out your member profile. Please use your full name as your user name.
- Watch for an email welcome message (check spam if needed) and confirm you have received it per instructions in the message.
- Attend an orientation (required for activation of membership).
- Post some skills and talents you have to offer other members.
- Post some requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
- Browse Timebanker's Talents for skills other members are excited about sharing and figure out how your community can help you with important goals. Remember - people have posted their skills because they want to share them!
- Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built which strengthen our community.
- Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests of offers you've posted.
- After you've communicated with a neighbor and determined a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements regarding how to coordinate the exchange.
- Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account.
- Come back and review offers and requests from other members
- Share your interests and skills by participating in and organizing community events!
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.